Wednesday, October 16, 2013

"Felix" (oil on linen; 6" x 8") sold


sold


"Felix" is the second painting for Holly's family.  Felix is a 16-year-old tabby cat and is missed terribly by her grown-up son, Simon, who has moved out of the house.  Obviously, the painting is for Simon!

In the reference photo, in which Felix is sunning next to the fire logs, there was a blur of something, sticking out of his right ear, catching light.  I couldn't figure out what it was until Holly explained it to me.  The little tufts of hair extend from the tips of his ears, and are one of his distinguishing features.  Otherwise, he'd look like any other tabby cat.  Boy, I am glad I waited for this communication, because I was going to edit them out!

If you send your pet's pictures to kimstenbergart@gmail.com, I will make beautiful pet portraits out of them.  How fun is that!  Besides, my pet portraits make perfect birthday and Christmas presents.  Thanks!

My readers, in case you didn't notice, I have created a new page on my blog, called "Pet Portrait Orders".  You will find all the information you want to know about ordering a pet portrait.  Please check it out.

No comments:

Post a Comment