Monday, December 9, 2013

"Francis" (oil on linen; 8" x 10") sold


sold


"Francis" is for Mike DiCenzo.  Mike commissioned the painting for his friend, John, who just got a cat that he loves.  When I saw the picture of Francis, my heart melted, so I can believe why this cat is special to John.

Francis is a six-month-old kitten of an unknown, but beautiful, breed.  I asked Mike about Francis's fun facts.  In my mind, I could see him scratching his head.  How would he know much about his friend's cat?  He said that Francis likes to spoon with John!

I have a fun fact about Mike for you.  He is a writer on Late Night with Jimmy Fallon.  So is John, by the way.  I am feeling famous, painting for famous people and all.  Hahaha!

3 comments:

  1. Ahhhhhhhhh……so very precious. You don't paint as many cats, do you?

    ReplyDelete
  2. No, I wish I could. Thanks, Carol!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Just gave John the painting today, and he was super surprised and thrilled! It turned out fantastic. Thanks Kim!

    ReplyDelete