Friday, November 29, 2013

"Zoe" (oil on linen; 7" x 7") sold


sold


"Zoe" is for Mary Anne.  Mary Anne inherited the six-year-old Siamese cat from her old aunt who had her for two years before passing.  Zoe is very sweet at home, but turns into the cat from hell at the vet!

One curious fact about Zoe is that she likes to get in the sink.  In one picture she was indeed poking her head out of the sink.  I loved the expression on her face, so I pasted the head to the body of another picture, in which she was looking down from a sofa.  As I told Mary Anne, I combined the sofa cat's body with the sink cat's head!

By the way, I was very happy to accept this commission, because, for whatever reason, I haven't been able to paint too many cats.  Sure, you cannot play Frisbee with a cat or take a cat for a walk, but cats have such elegant forms!

No comments:

Post a Comment