Thursday, November 28, 2013

"Madison" (oil on linen; 7" x 7") sold


sold


"Madison" is for Katie, who commissioned the painting for her in-laws as a Christmas present.  So, as usual, mum's the word!  Madison was a Bernese Mountain Dog.  She was a prim and proper lady.  She pranced everywhere she went, and would always get excited whenever she could wear her "pretties" (the collar with pom poms).  She was gentle, sweet, and afraid of everything nonsensical--garbage cans, baby gates, exercise balls--you name it!  Madison passed away last year at the age of ten.

I don't know if you would believe me, but I miss Madison although I have never met her.  All the deceased pets I painted make me sad.  I wish our cats and dogs could live longer.  I hope my art brings joy and closure to their owners.

I would like to thank all my readers, clients, and fans.  Happy Thanksgiving!

2 comments:

  1. Mum's the word???? You have thirty thousand followers to whom you have just sent this post. I love this character and think you were brave and successful in painting the background the very warm green. Happy Thanksgiving.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you, Carol! 30,000 followers in the pararrel universe, perhaps. Lol. You are sweet! Happy Thanksgiving to you too.

    ReplyDelete