Thursday, November 14, 2013

"Opie" (oil on linen; 6" x 8") sold


sold


"Opie" is for Holly, who commissioned it for her son, Eli.  I have painted Opie before with his buddy, Rainey. Opie, a wire-haired Dachshund, is super mischievous, fun-loving, and goofy. The reference photo showed a disproportionately big nose, caused by the camera distortion. This was a bonus as far as Holly was concerned, because it captured perfectly his "goofiness".  I am glad I followed her gut instinct.  Who can resist Opie!


"Opie and Rainey" (oil, 9" x 12"; sold)

2 comments:

  1. I love Opie's eyes. You are always able to achieve "thinking" of dogs. Awesome work. If I had a dog and needed a portrait done, you would be my "go to" artist.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Carol. Your kind words are always appreciated.

    ReplyDelete