Thursday, January 24, 2013

"US Capitol Rose Garden" (oil on linen; 10" x 8") sold


sold


Last September I went downtown to take pictures of the Capitol.  It was too early for the trees to change colors, but crepe myrtles still in bloom more than compensated for my mild disappointment.  I squatted down to have the pink roses in the foreground.

The new painting looks similar to the one I did last summer--"Capitol Hill in Summertime"--I guess, because of the floral foreground.  It's just that the white architecture of the Capitol alone can be a bit severe without something to soften it and add color interests.  Which painting do you like better?  For me, "US Capitol Rose Garden" seems to have a more feeling of space.


"Capitol Hill in Summertime"
oil, 15" x 8"
sold

No comments:

Post a Comment