Saturday, August 24, 2013

"Oreo" (oil on linen; 6" x 8") sold


sold

"Oreo" is for my good friend, Anne Fox.  She wanted me to do a portrait of her mother's dog last fall, but hesitated because she thought her pictures were not good enough.  Well, look at what I came up with!  Oreo is a 10-year-old toy poodle.  It was difficult to go beyond the excessive cuteness to get at the smart, spunky dog he truly is.

Anne is the kind of a person whose friendship make one's life richer.  We got to know because our daughters went to the same preschool.  We hit it off from the beginning.  The two girls had lots of playdates so that we could hang out together!  Below is the double portrait of Anne and her younger child, Declan, that I did many years ago as a token of my affection.  Thanks, Anne!


"The Foxes" (watercolor, 14" x 18"; gift)


If you would love to see your beloved pet painted by me and shared on my blog and Facebook page, please email me at kimstenbergart@gmail.com.  Send me a picture or two, preferably taken in natural light without flash.  I will do a drawing at the end of September and give one painting away!

No comments:

Post a Comment