Tuesday, June 6, 2017

"Westie Love" (oil on linen; 10" x 8") sold


sold
"Cutie Westie" (oil, 7" x 5"; sold)


"Cutie Westie" is the first pet portrait I have ever painted, even before I started doing custom pet portraits. It was back in 2001 or 2002, when I painted my neighbor's cute westie, Phin. He is not a rambunctious puppy anymore, but I still see him taking a walk with his mom Vivian.

For some reason, the portrait remains one of the most popular pet portraits on my Etsy shop. A gentleman really liked it--the subject, background, and whole shebang--and asked me to copy it. Apparently it looks just like his westie. The reason why the two paintings look different is because of the variations in white balance. Next to each other, you have to look carefully to tell apart. Anyhow, the client is happy and so am I. Anybody who wants a copy of "Westie Love"? Lol.

No comments:

Post a Comment