Wednesday, December 23, 2015

"Clue" (oil on linen; 8" x 16") sold


sold


"Clue" is for Richard.  Richard told me why he wanted me to paint the cover of the classic board game, Clue.  Several years ago, he and his friends dressed up as the characters of the game to create the perfect mood for his proposal to his then girl friend.  Richard and she had grew up on and were both fond of the game.  Their wedding anniversary is coming up in January, so this painting is to be a surprise gift to his wife.  Have you ever heard of a more romantic and sweeter story? 

If you look at the painting carefully, you will find a diamond engagement ring and the lettering "Magnolia", whose meaning Richard didn't let me on.  He also asked me to keep the mood mysterious and spooky.  I hope I succeeded!


No comments:

Post a Comment