Monday, August 4, 2014

"Eiffel Tower Sky" (oil on linen; 14" x 11") sold


sold


Now I have recovered from my back trouble and finished the commissions, I am back to my daily routine of painting whatever I wish to paint.  I start with Paris!  Wouldn't you rather be in Paris, the world's most beautiful city, where even the sky is this exquisite?  The Eiffel Tower is just an icing!

I took some step-by-step pictures for you.  There is no doubt that my style is impressionistic!


I covered the white linen with a transparent underpainting.  The minimal drawing became mostly erased, which is okay.

The fun begins.  I began to lay down opaque paints over the underpainting.

Time to reintroduce some drawing.

The painting is about half way through.  Now I have to make it sing some chant-songs!

About this point, I realized that the painting was really about the harmony of three colors--orange, green, and violet.  With that, I became more purposeful in my choice of colors.

It's almost there. 

1 comment:

  1. Are you going to be involved with the 30/30 challenge by Leslie Saeta? I ask that because my theme this year is "30 days around the world" and I'll be painting places I've visited around the world, one being the Eiffel Tower...it's such an amazing place. My second favorite city in the world. The whole island of Maui is my first! Haha! Well, I'll be painting the Eiffel Tower is why I brought it up, but in a nighttime scene....I'll be posting when I do it, so look for it!

    ReplyDelete