Wednesday, March 26, 2014

"Poppy and Larkspur" (oil on linen; 12" x 12") sold


sold

The transparent underpainting for "Poppy and Larkspur"

Reference photo


I am in the grip of the yearning for romantic garden paintings and this winter won't let go. Yes, it snowed again yesterday.  I can't wait to see flowers blooming in gardens, parks, meadows, and just everywhere!  In the meanwhile I had to resort to my photo files to come up with an image that might satisfy my urge.  How about pink poppy and blue larkspur?

2 comments:

  1. Hi Kim, I think you MUST have helped yourself deal with the everlasting winter by painting such a beautiful scene. I love these colors and use them often. Yay.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Carol. Yes, that's how I survived winter!

      Delete