Saturday, May 4, 2013

"Green Spring Day" (oil on linen; 8" x 8") sold


sold

The gazebo at the Green Spring Gardens Park in Alexandria, VA

There were three of us painting together on this glorious spring day!

"Green Spring Day" blocked in with transparent paints.

"Green Spring Day" further developed.


On the morning of the May Day, I received a tempting email from a painting buddy. She and another mutual friend were going out to the Green Spring Gardens Park in Alexandria, VA.  She invited the members of the Art League Plein Air Painters to join them.  I was torn.  After three days of rain, it was sunny again.  But I was going to stay home and do things around the house.  What to do?

I couldn't resist the prospect of the plein air painting fun with friends on such a fine day.  It's been almost a year since I painted outside.  Despite the winds, chilly air, and numerous chatty onlookers, we enjoyed our outing thoroughly and vowed to go out more often this year.

As I have been meaning to do a series of spring garden paintings for May, "Green Spring Day" seems like the perfect piece to kick off my May Challenge--"Spring Garden"!

No comments:

Post a Comment