Sunday, May 5, 2013

"From Spring Garden" (oil on linen; 10" x 12") sold


sold

Reference photo


A month ago, I posted the above photo on my Facebook fan page.  A fan who saw it sometime later asked me whether I was going to paint from it.  I wasn't; if I had planned on it, I would have put the vase on a piece of white paper so that I could see the shadows.  The bouquet seemed too complicated at that time.

On second thought, I decided to give it a try.  And I am glad I did.  Compare "From Spring Garden" with "Spring Bouquet", which I painted two years ago.  What do you think?  I have come a long way!


"Spring Bouquet" (oil, 12" x 12"; sold)

2 comments:

  1. I like both paintings but I can see you are adding more detail but it is still loose and free, very nice

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, krazyquilt! You must be a quilter. I sometimes quilt too.

    ReplyDelete