Wednesday, January 7, 2015

"Holly" (oil on linen; 12" x 12") sold


   

sold   


I am back, stronger than ever!  I took a long break after I finished 30 pet portraits during the holiday season, to rest my body and nourish my soul. 

"Holly" is for Renee, who commissioned the portrait for her husband's birthday.  Holly is a 7-year-old Brittany Spaniel.  She loves to go on walks, lay in the sun and chase squirrels.  She stalks them in the summertime; she chases little moles too.  She loves people more than other dogs.  She is very loyal, sweet, and gentle.  Renee's husband and Holly are the best pals who hunt together.

4 comments:

  1. A Brittany Spaniel is such a sweet dog. Your painting is lovely; shows the dog's sweetness.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love this painting, Kim. And the shadows and light are great. Such a sweet little dog!

    ReplyDelete