Wednesday, December 11, 2013

"Juno" (oil on linen; 10" x 8") sold


sold


"Juno" is for Madeline, who commissioned the painting for her husband.  Juno is a one-and-a-half-year-old Goldendoodle who loves rubber balls.  She is a wonderful guard dog and pal to Madeline's baby son.  She has yet to meet a person whom she doesn't like, regardless of how they feel about her!  She still has some puppy exuberance, but she always has a bit of regalness about her, that's why her nickname is Lady Juno.  

Madeline liked another photo better for the commission, but the moment I saw my favorite picture with a titled head and puzzled, inquisitive expression, I was sold.  I talked Madeline into this composition.  She graciously accepted my suggestion, with one proviso: get rid of the hunting vest Juno was wearing.  So I did.  Thank you, Madeline!

2 comments:

  1. What a sweet story. I love the way you so successful paint long dog hair!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you, Carol! It is fun to paint fur. I just have to start with the dark shapes first if there are any.

    ReplyDelete