Monday, December 9, 2013

"Francis" (oil on linen; 8" x 10") sold


sold


"Francis" is for Mike DiCenzo.  Mike commissioned the painting for his friend, John, who just got a cat that he loves.  When I saw the picture of Francis, my heart melted, so I can believe why this cat is special to John.

Francis is a six-month-old kitten of an unknown, but beautiful, breed.  I asked Mike about Francis's fun facts.  In my mind, I could see him scratching his head.  How would he know much about his friend's cat?  He said that Francis likes to spoon with John!

I have a fun fact about Mike for you.  He is a writer on Late Night with Jimmy Fallon.  So is John, by the way.  I am feeling famous, painting for famous people and all.  Hahaha!

3 comments:

  1. Ahhhhhhhhh……so very precious. You don't paint as many cats, do you?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just gave John the painting today, and he was super surprised and thrilled! It turned out fantastic. Thanks Kim!

    ReplyDelete