Friday, June 8, 2012

"Summer Garden" (oil on canvas; 10" x 10") sold


"Summer Garden"
sold

"Hydrangea Bed" (oil, 7" x 7")
sold

"Hydrangea Garden" (oil, 7" x 5")
sold

I had so much fun painting "Hydrangea and Picket Fence" the other day that I decided to do a series.  All four paintings were based on the photos I took at Green Spring Gardens Park in Alexandria, VA last Monday.  Some days you are just darn lucky!  Do you see the white picket fence that surrounds the gazebo in my painting below, which I painted in April?  


"Green Spring Gazebo" (oil, 11" x 14")
sold

I have been impatiently waiting for the hydrangea season, because I know that they have hydrangeas planted all around the gazebo. For whatever reason, hydrangeas and a white picket fence are a match made in heaven. They just look perfect together.  They evoke a nostalgic, cottage-garden look that pulls our heart string.  You may not have a hydrangea bed in your garden; you may not even have any garden at all.  But don't you wish you have hydrangeas blooming by a white picket fence in a friendly neighborhood where neighbors look out for each other?

No comments:

Post a Comment