Sunday, January 19, 2014

"Lady in Pink" (oil on linen; 8" x 8") sold


sold

The happy lady in pink is a good friend of mine, Vivian.  We took an art class together for a couple of years some time ago.  Several women in the class hit it off and became good art buddies.  We regularly went to art museums and occasionally had parties at one another's houses.  One beautiful summer day, a member of our group who had a pool threw a pool party. Vivian showed up in all pink.  How pretty she was!  I hope you feel her kind spirit, because she is one of the kindest people I know.

Alas, our fellowship came to an end.  One friend moved away; I stopped taking the class; Vivian is too busy as an art teacher to take the class either.  I miss my friends.  I painted "Lady in Pink" in nostalgia and happiness.  To friendship!

No comments:

Post a Comment