Monday, March 18, 2013

"Peonies in Morning Light" (watercolor on paper; 7" x 7") sold


sold


"Peonies in Morning Light" was painted a little differently from my other watercolor paintings in "Spring Fever" series.  It had to do with the delicate pink peonies bathed in morning light.  If I had left the ground pure white, they would not have sung; instead, the painting would have looked anemic.  I first applied several layers of gradated washes on the background until I felt right, then I painted the subject.  I love the result!

2 comments:

  1. Beautifully painted and yes, the background works perfectly. I would love to win one of your paintings!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just beautiful. Love the shadows and how the background blends so beautifully. I would love to win one of your paintings too. I have the spot for it. Thanks so much.

    ReplyDelete