Friday, November 18, 2011

"Orchid Love" (oil on linen; 12" x 8") sold


sold
Reference photo

Do you like orchids?  I do.  Some people have the enviable green thumb with these exotic tropical flowers and have them flower year after year.  No, me.  All I can hope for is to enjoy them for a few weeks, then buy another plant in the following year.  Or, take pictures at a florist shop like I did back in September.  Of course, working from a photo is a big challenge.  I can hardly see what's going on in the dark shadowed areas.  But I liked the design of several long terracotta pots arranged at different levels and the idea of not having to pay for several pots to paint from life.  Cheap I am.


"Orchid Smiles" (watercolor, 14" x 10")
sold

"Orchid Smiles" was painted in watercolor in 2004.  Which do you like better?

No comments:

Post a Comment